Inspections of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are absolutely essential to ensure climbers’ safety. It is also a legal requirement that centres have full up to date PPE records. These fall under Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER), the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002, and the Personal Protective Equipment at work Regulations 1992.
Entre-Prises can help you with this process and carry out the annual inspection of your PPE.
Training will include:
- Setting up Systems
- Pre-Use checks.
- Identification of PPE
- Limitations of use
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Check its compliance with (EN) standards
- Traceability of all PPE
- Have a replacement plan
- How to destroy and catalogue all failed PPE
- Routine inspections at every use (Pre-Use checks)
- A comprehensive inspection (Every 6 Months depending on usage)
- Training can be provided either at Entre-prises or a site of your choice (This can be incorporated into a site visit or Wall inspection).
For further information please contact: